Dynamic Passenger Information System II
The main goal of "Dynamic Passenger Information System II" project (SDIP II) is the development of the existing passenger information system, which was create as a pilot project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund, and was implemented in 6 cities of the former KZK GOP (Będzin, Dąbrowa Górnicza, Gliwice, Zabrze, Katowice and Sosnowiec). Now the SDIP II project is implementing in the area of all the communes of the former KZK GOP as well as in the area of the neighbouring cities. That should increase the process of integration of the public transport system in the The Metropolitan Association of Upper Silesia and Dąbrowa Basin (Polish: Górnośląsko-Zagłębiowska Metropolia, hereinafter referred to as “GZM” or “Metropolis”).
The realization includes:
- preparation of documentation of the system development with necessary arrangements,
- delivery of the equipment for 462 stops - 462 electronical dynamic information boards,
- delivery of the equipment for 170 vehicles,
- integration with currently processing systems of SDIP and ŚKUP and other ITS systems proceeding in the area of Central Subregion of Silesian Voivodship,
- delivery of the mobile application for passengers.
The project will be implemented in the key locations of the GZM.
The overall objective of the project is to make better use of low-emission urban transport by developing and integrating public transport in the area of the GZM and improving the urban public transport management system. The expansion of the existing system of dynamic passenger information will:
- increase the passengers ratings of public transport organized in the GZM area,
- increase the effectiveness of control of all contracts with operators,
- increase travel safety.
reduce the pressure of public transport on the environment as a result of low emissions.